Having no time is one of the most frequent excuses I hear for why someone can’t exercise and improve their health and fitness.
We are all leading busy lives and seem to be pulled in multiple directions all at the same time but we seem to forget so quickly just how important regular exercise is for us. As women we seem to have this natural inbuilt capacity to help others and to put their needs before our own. Whilst this selflessness is certainly something to be celebrated it can also be our down fall.
How often have you needed to do something for yourself but you get a call from a friend or a family member asking for help so you immediately put your own needs lower on the list and dutifully trot off to help? We all do it, and if we didn’t the world would be a very sad place lacking in kindness.
But how long can you go being pulled from pillar to post and always helping others before you decide that you must find a way to carve out some time for you own health and well being? With the fast pace of todays world it is all too easy to say that you “don’t have time” but, can you make time?
Here are 3 of my top tips on how to create time to get more exercise:
- Get up just 30 minutes earlier 2 or 3 times a week and fit in a workout at home
- You might feel like you can’t do this, maybe you have children that don’t sleep very well, maybe you aren’t a morning person and would rather get the extra sleep. I guarantee that getting up and moving your body will help you to feel energised.
- Look at your diary on a Sunday evening and plan in 3 exercise sessions, book them in as if they are appointments that you must keep.
- You would be surprised at how booking sessions into your diary will help you to stick to them.
- Plan to exercise with a friend
- Arranging to meet up and exercise with a friend will make you much more likely to stick to it as you won’t want to let them down
Give these tips a try for just a couple of weeks and you will soon see a change in how you look at exercise and you will be surprised at how easily you can fit it into your routine.
Be sure to tag me in on any posts and let me know how you are doing. If you would like additional support and tips then head over and join my facebook community.