I’m in the process of looking into starting my own podcast and whilst I’ve been researching exactly how to do that, why I want to do it and what I’m going to include I had a moment of clarity. I realised that what I do isn’t strictly about health and fitness and that I have way more to share than just recipes and workouts.
What I realised is that it is actually about taking control. Being fit an healthy is more than just exercising and eating right it’s about taking control of your own body and your mindset. Making a conscious decision to do things differently in order to get a different result is the fist step in taking control.
Starting a regular exercise regime doesn’t have to be as scary or as hard as you might think it might be. You don’t need an expensive gym membership or lots of equipment to get started. The best thing to do is to start simple and make it achievable. Yes a workout should challenge you but you should also enjoy it and want to be doing it, so starting simple and trying a few different things can help.
If you’re not used to exercising or you find it hard to get out, or you don’t like new places or crowds then working out at home, YOUR home, is the perfect way to get started. No extra travel, no need for additional childcare, no hassle of queueing and waiting for equipment but you still get to take control and do something great for yourself.
But the question still remains how exactly do you get started and what will you need?
- Keep it simple. Regular exercise and healthy eating doesn’t need to be complicated.
- Be realistic. Don’t make too many changes all at the same time.
- Understand where you are starting from. You can’t go from zero to working out everyday for 3hrs a day and expect to maintain that in the long term.
- Do your research. There are lots of resources available to you to help you exercise in a way that will minimise risk of injury.
- Believe in yourself. You absolutely can do this, it may take time, not every day will be easy but it is worth it.
Make the decision to take control. Taking that first step is going to be hard, and you might have a few false starts along the way but you can do it. If you need some support taking those first steps then come on over and join my free facebook community. Anything is possible when you take control.