Now the weather has been getting warmer I’ve been enjoying more salads, but no one wants to eat the same boring salad every day so here is a delicious creamy chicken salad. You can make this in advance and if kept in air tight containers in the fridge will keep for up to 4 days. This makes 4 portions.
- 3 chicken breasts, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped green apple
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, chopped in half
- 1/3 cup chopped raw Almonds
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. chopped tarragon
- 1/4 cup honey mustard dressing (optional, method below)
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- Combine the chicken, apple, grapes, almonds, spring onions, and tarragon in a large bowl. If desired add the honey mustard dressing.
- Mix well, cover and refridgerate for 2 hours
- Serve 1 cup creamy chicken salad over 2 cups of shredded romaine lettuce.
For the honey mustard dressing.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. raw honey
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Himalayan salt – to taste (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl and mix well.
- slowly add the oil and continue to mix until well blended.
- Save any dressing not used straight the way in an air tight container in the fridge.
Enjoy, be sure to let me know what you think when you give it a try and tag me in any photos on Instagram – laurabfitnesscoach.