I have a bit of a sweet tooth and although chocolate is my standard ‘go to’ to satisfy that this healthy homemade ice cream is always a big hit. Simple to make and good for you – what else can you ask for?
- 3 ripe bananas, chopped and frozen
- 3 tbsp. natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tsp. dark chocolate (>80%), chopped
- 4 tsp. raw almonds, chopped
- Place the bananas and nut butter in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add the almond milk to help with this process.
- Divide evenly between 4 bowls, top with the chocolate and almonds.
**use a nut butter that is pure and does not contain any palm oil.
** chocolate can be left out and you could serve with some crushes raspberries and strawberries instead for a vegan treat.