These egg cups are super easy to make, they can be made in advance and then kept in the fridge ready to grab when you need them and you can switch them up to include any veg that you love to eat. I often make them with mushrooms in.
These take around 5 minutes to prep and less than 15 minutes to cook. Makes 6
- 4 medium eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I used 2 pointed peppers this time)
- 6 – 12 slices of ham, depends on the size
- Small muffin tin
- Oil to lightly grease the tin
- Pre-heat over to 170
- Lightly grease the muffin tin and line with the slices of ham, you want to ham to sit higher than the tin as this will act as the case for the egg.
- Combine the peppers and spinach in a bowl and then if desired lightly sauté in a little oil.
- Evenly spread the pepper/spinach mix across all the ready lined tins.
- Evenly pour over the egg, aiming to keep it inside the ham.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until firm.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days, grab and eat as a healthy snack or part of your breakfast. They can be eaten cold or hot.