Ever have bananas that ripen a little faster than you expect them too and you just can’t eat them quick enough? Rather than wasting them you can now make this delicious and simple banana bread. With only 5 ingredients, no refined sugars or artificial sweeteners it is easy to make and good for you.
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened apple juice
- 125g unsalted butter,
- 250g whole meal self-raising flour (you can use a gluten free alternative but may need to adjust measurements).
- 3 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Lightly grease a loaf tin and set to one side.
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees
- Cream the butter until it is soft and fluffy. Set to one side.
- Mash the bananas and combine with the apple juice. Set to one side.
- Lightly beat the eggs. Set to one side.
- Combine the butter and eggs and ensure they are mixed well.
- Slowly add in the flour and ensure fully combined.
- Gently fold in the banana mix.
- Once all is fully combined pour mix into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- A knife inserted in the middle should come out clean, if not place back in the oven for a further 3-5 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. I love to eat a slice whilst it’s still a little bit warm.
The rest I like to serve with almond butter, or home made chocolate spread. Be sure to tag me on any social media posts so I can see how yours turns out. You can find me on Instagram as http://www.instagram.com/laurabfitnesscoach and for more delicious recipes just head to my full recipe page.