Now I’m not overly exact when I’m cooking so all of my measurements are a rough guide. Tweak to suit your tastes. If you want you can leave out the rice and add in more veggies. This was enough to stuff 2 good sized peppers.
- 1 chicken breast – cooked and shredded
- 3 garlic gloves – crushed
- 100g tender stem broccoli – finely chopped
- 75g mushrooms – finely chopped
- 75g of cooked rice
- 3 tbsp of any tomato based sauce – just enough to bind the mixture
- 2 tbsp grated cheese – I use full fat mozzarella
- 2 bell peppers – I used red
- Oil for cooking – I use coconut
- Sauté the garlic, mushrooms and broccoli for 2-3 minutes, add in the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the rice and sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir throughout.
- Either cut the pepper in half and de-seed for stuffing or take off the top and de-seed. Fill each pepper/half pepper with the mixture and then sprinkle on a little cheese.
- Bake in the over for 40 minutes. I do mine in a high sided tin, add 3tbs of water and cover with foil. The steam will ensure the peppers are cooked through.
For me one pepper with some salad is more than enough for a good meal.